Congratulations to the City of Nanaimo for its E3 Fleet Silver level rating!
Here’s some info about the E3 award:
- Nanaimo achieved Silver-level E3 Rating based on a third-party independent audit of its year-over-year reduction in fuel-use and CO2, and its new Green Fleet Plan which was approved by City Council on May 14, 2020
- Nanaimo Council’s Strategic Plan places significant emphasis on Environmental Responsibility
- In 2019, Council directed staff to become part of E3 and pursue a fleet review and develop a Green Fleet Strategy
- E3 Fleet is the first national program dedicated to green performance in fleets of vehicles
- E3 Fleet is a not-for-profit program that helps public and private sector organizations green up their vehicle fleets
- Including Nanaimo, there are now 15 fleets with E3 Fleet Ratings — 2 Platinum, 6 Gold, 6 Silver, and 1 Bronze. Behind each E3 honor are impressive accomplishments, and committed people
- More info is found on www.e3fleet.com
“I am very pleased and proud to see that the City of Nanaimo adopted its new Green Fleet Strategy and was awarded a Silver E3 Rating by E3 Fleet”.Bill Sims, General Manager, Engineering & Public Works for the City of Nanaimo
Bill also gave a “shout out to (then) Fleet Manager Jason Evans and Tami Rey, Fleet Services Administration for their hard work and Jason’s leadership on this file during his too-short tenure here”. Jason recently returned to his roots, assuming a new position in the Fleet Section at the Region of Niagara. Jason’s role has been taken up by Mike Squire, Acting Fleet Manager, City of Nanaimo.